Der Aspangbahnhof und Die Wien-Saloniki-Bahn (Sutton)

£23.95
1 In Stock

An illustrated history of Wien's Aspangbahnhof, which was built to serve Wien's 3rd district and was named after the town of Aspang, which was served by the same railway. During the 19th century, there was much economic interest in accessing the Balkans by rail.

Between 1939 and 1943, the station was used for the deportation of Wien's Jews, with tens of thousands passing through the station during this dark period of its history. The station was closed during the 1970s, with the area being redeveloped.

This book contains a short history of the station, including a look at how it came into existence. The main part of the book is made up of a series of historical photographs and drawings of the station and its railways from throughout its existence. Timetable extracts and reproduced documents are also included. German text. 96 pages.

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better.